Monday, January 30, 2017

Monday Mantra: January 30, 2017


Today, and the past few days, I have woken with anxiety in my stomach and worry in my heart for the world. I cannot shake this underlying subtle feeling of fear that lurks just beneath the surface of every Facebook post, conversation, and news article. With the new president making quick changes, and the world showing it's anger in very active ways, it is hard to turn down the fear and turn up the peace.

Words soaked in heavy emotion sway me one way in one article, and then quickly take me another way in another article. The world, right now, is an intense place for the souls who are highly sensitive to the energy around us. And while I agree with so many of you, I realize that living in a state of anxiety every day is not the way to live. I do not believe in sticking my head in the sand and pretending that real issues are not happening around me, but I do believe in compartmentalizing and taking action one moment and returning to a peaceful state the next - for myself and for those around me.

When we live in fear consistently, we spread it around us. Fear radiates from our bodies and it spills onto those around us - to our children, our friends, our pets, our loved ones, and to those we do not know. Protests and shouting and writing angry words can help to change the things happening, but there is another way to create change in our immediate environment. So today - today I choose peace. Today, I realize that the United States, and the world around us, is in a precarious time. But, today I understand that change can begin with me. So today - today, I choose peace over fear. I focus on peace beginning at my very core, in my heart, and from my home. Today, I breathe peace and I show peace to everyone I meet through my actions, my words, and my presence.

Peace within me. 
Peace around me. 
Today I am at peace.

(Repeat, repeat, repeat when fear begins to creep in)

No comments :

Post a Comment