Friday, February 17, 2017

4 Winter Mimosa Recipes for Brunch This Weekend

Photo Credit: Lovely Day Pittsburgh Photography

Brunch is literally my favorite meal ever. I love waking up slow on the weekend and eating something awesome that I'd never have time for, or bother putting effort into, on the weekdays. Hello chicken and waffles! Pancakes! Breakfast Quesadillas! You get the point. Brunch is the perfect chance to set the pace of the weekend - chill and fun. You can brunch alone, brunch with your kids, brunch with your boyfriend, or brunch with friends. The options are endless, just like I like my mimosas. And speaking of.....why not spice up the brunch staple with a new recipe this weekend?

Mimosas are easy, in my opinion because you don't have to exactly measure everything - just eyeball the glass and work with that. I don't bother measuring too much because it doesn't seem necessary and I have waffles to eat - I can't be slowed down. I err on the side of 1/3 of the glass filled with champagne, 2/3 OJ and a splash of cherry juice, if I'm making a regular mimosa. I like to keep my recipes for any mimosa as simple as the standard. Tailor the recipe to your liking - and don't stress about the exact measurements, it's brunch after all. If you want more champagne, then add more champagne. It's the weekend - anything goes. Check out the recipes below and mix up your brunch this weekend.


1: Caramel Apple Pie Mimosa 
(pictured above. Ingredients below)

Photo Credit: Lovely Day Pittsburgh Photography
Ingredients:
Apple Cider
Champagne or Prosecco
Caramel
Cinnamon and sugar
Optional: Apple Slices

Directions:
Fill 1/3 of glass with champagne
2/3 with Apple Cider
Combine equal parts cinnamon and sugar in a small dish. Dip the rim of the glass in the caramel (I like to use the little single serve cups, pictured below, for less mess) and then into the cinnamon and sugar mix. Garnish with an apple slice if you'd like.
*Tip: I actually used a store-bought caramel apple with nuts as a garnish. So good!


2: Cinnamon Pear Mimosa

Ingredients:
16 oz of Pear Juice
2 Cinnamon Sticks
Champagne or Prosecco

Directions:
Heat pear juice in a pan on the stove until it comes to a boil (low heat). Add cinnamon sticks and turn off heat. Let sit for 30 minutes, then place cinnamon pear juice in fridge until cold. Then do the usual measurements: 
1/3 Champagne
2/3 Cinnamon pear juice
Garnish with pear slice and a few dashes of cinnamon.


3: Cranberry Vanilla Mimosa


Ingredients: 
1 1/2 ounces of vanilla vodka
1 1/2 ounces of cranberry juice
Champagne or Prosecco
Cranberries for garnish

Directions:
Because I like to keep it simple - if you don't have a shot glass laying around or something to measure with, then just know you need equal parts vanilla vodka and cranberry juice. 
Mix together vodka and juice in a shaker glass or whatever glass you have on hand, that is not your champagne flute. Once combined, add vodka/cran mix to mimosa glass (aka: champagne flute) until filled 1/3 of the way. Fill rest of glass with champagne or prosecco. Garnish with cranberries if you want. Tip: Freeze cranberries ahead of time to keep drink cold!


4: Blueberry Mimosa


Ingredients:
Blueberry Juice
Champagne or Prosecco
Frozen Blueberries for garnish

Directions:
Super easy! Just like the standard mimosa: 1/3 of the glass with champagne. 2/3 with blueberry juice. Toss in some frozen blueberries and enjoy!


Do you have a favorite twist for your mimosa recipe? Share it in the comments. And happy brunching!




Ingredients:
*Photos for mimosas 2-4 are not my own. If they are yours, message me and I'll give credit. 

No comments :

Post a Comment